Head lice (nits) are those pesky tiny parasites that live on the scalp and hair shafts. It is a common problem among children, especially when they first start school, or return after a holiday. Fortunately, there are many home remedies for lice!
Lice are no respecter of age or gender and are easily passed on to siblings and other family members, including Grans, Aunts and Uncles etc.
In the olden days, sometimes the head was shaved completely or Kerosene was used to treat head lice. When Kerosene was used, a severe combing with a special bone comb was then done to remove the eggs.
A painful and very smelly procedure, thankfully we have gentler and pleasant smelling home remedies for lice these days!